Sunday 16 November 2008

Christmas cake


Like wedding cake only cheaper! Actually I didn’t have a wedding cake at my Last Vegas wedding, strange because I love cake more than I loved him. However, I have made up for that sorry Bruce Springsteen inspired tragedy in three ways, divorce, staying single and buying my own wedding cake one slice at a time from Fortnum’s. Christmas cake – proper Christmas cake, not those dodgy chocolate logs with little plastic Robbins on them is exactly the same thing as wedding cake and I love it. As a child I always adored it although I could never be bothered with the actual cake I just liked the marzipan and royal icing. Now I am mature I eat the whole thing. Its fantastic and so many calories in just one slice you don’t have to go to the trouble of eating again all day.

No comments: